Insurance to protect your stored items
All items you store with Boxly must be properly insured.
Why insurance is not included in the price
Our rental prices do not include insurance, as the amount of insurance depends on the value of the stored items and because many tenants have their own household contents insurance, which also covers the stored items. This means you are not insured twice.
Existing household contents insurance
If you have taken out household contents insurance, the items you store in Boxly Self-Storage are probably also insured. In any case, contact the insurance company and clarify this so that there are no surprises.
No household contents insurance
Are you moving to Switzerland or have you given notice on your apartment because you are abroad for a longer period of time? Then you probably don’t have household contents insurance.
In cooperation with Helvetia Insurance, we offer a customized solution for self-storage.
Contents insurance Helvetia
The contents insurance we offer covers direct damage or direct loss of property (see exceptions) during storage.
- Basic cover: natural hazards due to fire, liquids, gas
- Theft in your storage room or location after a break-in
The amount of the premium depends on the value of the stored property to be insured:
- For CHF 20.50 per year, you insure a property value of CHF 10,000
- For CHF 41 per year, you insure a property value of CHF 20,000
- For CHF 61.5 per year, you insure a property value of CHF 30,000
- For CHF 82 per year, you insure a property value of CHF 40,000
- For CHF 102.5 per year, you insure a property value of CHF 50,000
Earthquake: CHF 52 year
eBike >25km/h: CHF 17 per year / CHF 1000 value
Special valuables: collections, musical instruments, etc: CHF 12 per year / CHF 1000 value
If required, Helvetia can put together a tailor-made insurance policy for you. Get in touch with us!